Chicago and New York Litigation Attorneys
Serving Clients Nationwide
Lasky & Rifkind, Ltd. is a unique litigation law firm with offices in New York and Chicago. The firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants in complex commercial litigation, securities fraud actions, corporate take-over litigation, general business litigation and arbitrations. Our attorneys have successfully tried or prosecuted numerous cases, many resulting in multimillion dollar awards or settlements. For example, in 2007, we successfully negotiated a $298.5 million settlement on behalf of our client against a major accounting firm.
Leigh Lasky and Norman Rifkind manage the firm of experienced attorneys litigating matters in jurisdictions throughout the country in both state and federal courts. At Lasky & Rifkind, Ltd. we are proud of the results we have achieved for our clients as well as our reputation for adhering to principles of ethics, loyalty, and client service. We are experienced in handling many types of claims, ranging from extremely large, complex securities matters to smaller disputes between individuals and their brokers.
To learn more about our firm and the work we do, please visit our individual practice areas, below. For more information about the attorneys of Lasky & Rifkind, Ltd. please visit our Attorneys page.
Lasky & Rifkind, Ltd. provides legal assistance, consultation and representation for the following types of litigation:
- Class Actions. Representing clients in class actions in state and federal courts across the country. We handle a variety of class actions, including securities fraud, and consumer class actions.
- Derivative Litigation. Representing shareholders pursuing claims brought on behalf of a corporation. Our lawyers ensure that the corporation and its shareholders are protected from misconduct, negligence and other fiduciary violations by corporate management and that the rights of the corporation are properly asserted.
- Securities Arbitration. Representing individual shareholders and investors in claims against securities firms and/or individual registered representatives (e.g. securities brokers). We handle several types of disputes, including securities fraud claims, breach of fiduciary duty, suitability, churning, and broker negligence.
- Civil, Commercial, and Business Litigation of all kinds
- Professional Malpractice, including attorney, broker, and accountant malpractice.